Eyebrow hair transplant
Eyebrow transplant involves taking hair from another part of the body and transplanting it to the brow area. Hair follicles are taken from the donor site and implanted to create a desired brow shape.
Donor site for eyebrow transplant
The donor hair should be fine and should closely resemble the texture and thickness of eyebrow hair to avoid getting bushy eyebrows.
- Scalp – normally the back of scalp is used.
- Nape of the neck
- Hair around ear
- Leg hair
Who can go for eyebrow transplant?
People with very thin, scarred or completely missing eyebrows which can occur due to
- Doctor will take hair follicles from the donor site either by FUE (follicular unit extraction) or FUT (follicular unit transplant).
- 50 to 325 hair (depending on the requirement) will be transplanted into each eyebrow.
- It is done under local anaesthesia.
- It will take around 2- 4 hours for the procedure.
- The hair should be implanted in such a way so as to mimick the natural angle and direction of normal eyebrow hair to give the most satisfying results.
- The transplanted hair fall out at around 2 weeks.
- The transplanted hair start to regrow at 3-4 months.
- Over the next 6-8 months, complete result will be seen.
- Trimming will be required every 10- 14 days if the donor rea is scalp. In case of other areas, it will be required less frequently.
- Patient can return to work as early as 3 days after the procedure.
What to expect after eyebrow transplant?
- Slight pain and swelling around the eyes for 2-3 days, which resolves on its own.
- Slight bruising
- Pinkness of the operated area for a few days.