Are the bumps under your skin bothering you then we at DermaOne can help you out with our team of expert and well qualified doctors along with trained and dedicated staff members. Let’s begin!.
What is a Cyst?
A cyst is like a small bump under the skin that contains semisolid material. A cyst is usually not painful but it can get infected easily and it can sometimes get ruptured, leading to offensive smelling discharge. Also cysts can occur anywhere on the skin.
What are the Types of Cyst?
- Epidermoid cyst – Most common type of cyst occurs on face and trunk.
- Trichilemmal cyst – This occurs usually on scalp.
- Millium – Milliums are small white bumps usually multiple occurring on face.
What are the Causes of Cyst?
- As a result of infection, trauma.
- Clogging of oil glands.
What are the Methods of Cyst Removal?
There are various methods for removing cyst such as Surgical excision, Radio frequency excision. It is a simple procedure done under local anesthesia in which the sac and it’s contents are removed.
What is the post care for cyst excision?
- Keep the area clean and dry.
- Use the medications as prescribed by your dermatologists.
How can you prevent cyst?
Mostly cysts cannot be prevented but there are some exceptions like: