• Beard hair transplant comes under facial hair transplant.
• Other areas of face which can be transplanted include:
• This is a procedure in which hairs are taken from the scalp or neck area (below jawline) and transferred to the beard or other facial areas.
• Who can go for beard/ moustache transplant?
1. Those with absence or lack of hair due to following reasons
– Laser hair removal
– Injury, surgery and burns
2. Those who want to conceal areas of facial scars(e.g. acne scars)
• Donor area: scalp or neck is used as donor area as these hair grow like normal facial hair in texture and other characteristics.
– It is done under local anesthesia.
– It will take about 2-8 hours depending on the area of transplant and number of grafts.
– Hair follicles are usually taken from the back of scalp by either FUE or FUT.(link)
– Chest hair can also be used as donor.
– These follicles are then transplanted in the beard region maintaining a natural and dense look.
• Number of grafts required: On an average
– 500-800 for mustache
– 600- 1200 for full goatee
– 200- 350 for each sideburn
– 1000- 2000 for a cheek beard
– Implanted hairs will fall off after 2-4 weeks and then start to regrow at 3-4 months.
– Full growth will take around 6-8 months.
– Relatively safe procedure.
– Results are permanent.
– Transplanted hairs can be trimmed/ cut/ shaved like normal beard hair.
– Scars on the beard are usually not visible.
– Same as FUE and FUT.
– You will be able to resume normal daily activities by 2nd/ 3rd day after the surgery.
Please let me know your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below.
You can WhatsApp your image to +91 9968642374 to find the exact cost of your transplant.
© 2016 Dr. Vikas Sharma. All rights reserved.